Air Source Heat Pumps
The range of Ecodan air source heat pumps are self-contained units and only require water and electric connections. They are low maintenance, quiet to run and can be discreetly placed outside homes. They are also suitable for small retail outlets and commercial buildings.Browse Range
Ecodan heating systems have two controllers as part of the FTC6 range, along with MELCloud smart wireless control and Metering, Monitoring and Service Packages.Browse Range
Fan Assisted Radiator
i-Life2 Slim is a fan assisted radiator that works seamlessly with either an air source heat pump or your existing heating or gas boiler system.Browse Range
Cylinder and Hydroboxes
The range of Ecodan air source heat pump cylinders and hydroboxes offer a highly adaptable heating solution for a variety of homes. They are designed to integrate with the Ecodan range and improve performance with faster heat up times through the use of plate heat exchanger technology. All of our heat pump hot water cylinders are a great energy efficient option for any home.Browse Range
Explore Our Factories
- A brief overview of our Livingston manufacturing facilities where every stage is governed by our commitment to quality and manufactured to our exacting specification. This includes our Ecodan Air Source Heat Pump and cylinder ranges.
- Our low carbon heating systems for our homes are critical to ensure the UK achieves its 2050 net zero carbon emissions target. From small flats to large detached houses, and from an office block to a school, Ecodan air source heat pumps are the renewable, low carbon alternative to traditional high carbon heating systems.
- Russell Dean, Mitsubishi Electric's Residential Product Group Director, visits the Ecodan warehouse in West Hallam, near Nottingham, to showcase their extensive stock levels.
- As a UK manufacturer, Mitsubishi Electric produces all the crucial components of their heat pumps, including the heat exchanger, compressor, and controls, ensuring supply chain resilience as they tackle the challenges on the road to net zero.
What is an air source heat pump?
An Ecodan air source heat pump is a renewable heating system that heats your home by moving existing heat from the air outside and distributing this around your property. Due to their low sound output, our Ecodan air source heat pumps can sit anywhere outside your property and just needs to be connected to electricity and water for it to work. The heat pump provides all the heating and hot water your property needs to provide a constant temperature throughout your home.
Ecodan heat pumps are designed specifically for the UK, so they work at temperatures as low as -25 degrees. They can also be used with any type of heating system, such as underfloor heating and traditional radiators.
For every one kilowatt of energy it uses, it creates 3 kilowatts of heat energy, making it 300% efficient and therefore coefficient (in comparison, oil and gas are only 90% efficient).
You can also check out our video below to find out more about Ecodan air source heat pumps or you use our Ecodan Selection Tool to find the right heat pump for you.
How an Ecodan heating system works
Ecodan harvests heat energy from outside even with outside temperatures as low as -20ºC.
Harvested heat energy heats refrigerant, which in turn heats water for your home. The process works in the same way as a refrigerator - but in reverse.
Ecodan hot water cylinder is used to supply your home with space heating & hot water. It offers optimum performance and fast heat up times.
Sit back, relax and enjoy:
- Our readily available after sales team
- Award-winning low noise levels
- Remote control and monitoring from any smart device